Email is the cheapest way to advertise your listing to a large group of people. Most bulk email companies operate on an easy monthly fee. Only $10 can get you a month worth of emails! Here are a few tips on how to build and send your property emails.
1) Building your eblast. Ideally your eblasts should look like your website. Same colors, same design, same font, same everything. However, not everyone has the budget to hire a web design professional to create each eblast. That’s why I like Mail Chimp. They have a really easy template builder where you can add links, images, and your contact information. You don’t need to be a web designer to get a nice looking template out to your clients and prospects. Any beginner can create an eblast.
2) Subject. This is the number one thing you should consider. This is what will make people decide whether or not to open your email. For a listing, I suggest something like “2,000 SF Industrial Bldg Lease SE Las Vegas.” This is a detailed explanation of what’s inside. This will greatly improve the open rate!
3) A&B Testing. Consider using the A & B testing option. With Mail Chimp, you can send a test email to 20% of your list. Mail Chimp will calculate which subject line did better “2,000 SF Industrial Bldg Lease SE Las Vegas” Or “2,000 SF of Prime Industrial Space in SE LV” and automatically send to the better performing option. A & B testing increases your open rate dramatically!
4) Content. Be sure to put all the information from the brochure onto the email. Click bait doesn’t really work anymore. I.E.: “Click here for pricing!” Sadly, we’re all too jaded to click anything.
5) Tips to eblasting. I’m not sure why, but 7am to 11am gets the highest open rates. Also, the middle of the week (Tues, Wed, Thurs) has higher open rates than other days. If you’re on a tight deadline and you can’t get the eblast out until after 12:00pm, skip it until the next day.